March Break is almost here - just a few more weeks. I always look forward to having the kids off school and at home with me! I like to plan a few activities to do with them, and then we also just go with the flow for some of the time as well.
I have put together some ideas to help you keep the kids busy (and yourself sane!) while they are off school.
- Spend the day at a local museum
- Go to a morning movie and then for lunch
- Have a few friends over to play
- Visit a local sugar bush
- Get out your baking ingredients and spend the day in the kitchen
- Put on all your winter gear and spend time outside building a snowman, tobogganing, going on a winter nature walk or whatever activities your family enjoys
- Set up a scavenger hunt (indoors or outdoors depending on the weather)
- Visit the library, read some books, check out the activities they have on and then check out some books and bring them home
- Build a fort in your living room, snuggle together and write a story, read some books or take a nap together!
- Science experiments at home are fun too! (Goop, Gak, a volcano, home made play dough)
I am hoping to have some one on one time with both of my kids during the break, it's so rare that we have a chance to connect on our own, and they will need some time apart as well.
What type of things do you do with your kids when they aren't in school?