(If you have already read this, scroll to the bottom to find my weekly updates!)
It's a new year, and that means it is time for a challenge! I am going to take part in the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge!
The basis for this is to clean out your house of unwanted clutter, garbage and unused items. You can concentrate on one area each day, and the goal is to get a bag from each place - helping get your home organized and de-cluttered!
My Hot Spots:
- kitchen table: this is a HUGE hot spot for me. I walk in and place things down, and they often don't get moved.
- on top of fridge: if I have things I don't want the kids to get at, I place them here...but then forget to move them
- chuck and shut: time for another clean of this cupboard
- our buffet: I tend to throw things on this (for no reason, at all) time to get rid of it or find them homes
- coat rack: too many coats, they often end up on the floor. Time to donate the ones that don't fit or don't get worn.
- laundry room: anything that I want to sell/donate gets put down here. Time for me to go through and actually get them out of my house
- I need to go through the
- my dresser needs a good purging as well
So, not 40 areas - but I can most likely get 40+ bags from these places. I will probably find other small areas along the way as well!
Over the next 40 days, I am joining up with a group of other bloggers and will be updating my progress weekly. Check back every Friday for the latest update on my de-cluttering!
Be sure to follow along with me on facebook to see what's happening!
To follow along with the challenge, you can find the other bloggers in the linky below!
Week 1 Update
Week 2 Update
Week 3 Update
Week 4 Update
Week 5 Update
Week 6 Update