Thursday, January 6, 2011

quite lacking in my blog posts

I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since I updated the blog - I apologize - not that many ppl are following it....

My last post was about Kyle's teeth. He cut 2 of his eye teeth, however they seemed to go back into the gum. I thought I might be going crazy, but my mom and sister-in-law confirmed that there were indeed teeth there at one point.

He now is in the process of cutting his bottom 2 incisors - the gum is split, and I can see the specks of white making there way to the surface.

Over the last 2 months we got ready for and had a terriffic Christmas!  We spent Christmas eve at my mothers house, christmas morning at our place, and christmas dinner at my in-laws. It was a great Christmas! Julien is at such a fantastic age for it, and Kyle is so young that he just goes with the flow of things!

After Christmas, we decided that we needed to do something about Kyle's sleeping. Unfortunately, it would take up to 2 hrs to get him down at night and then he would wake every 90-120 minutes throughout the night. He wouldn't calm down unless nursed, and often when he would fall asleep and I would transfer to the crib he would wake again, and the whole process would start again. Poor Julien was getting the short end of the stick being told that he needed to be quiet; to go downstairs and play (often by himself); and that Kyle needed mommy. I really wasn't the mom I wanted to be to him, and realized that Kyle might need mommy, but Julien is only 3 and HE needed mommy too.

 We decided to use the Sleep Easy method of sleep training (  December 27th was our first night with this approach, and it went much better than I expected.  Julien had gone to bed quite early, and when we put Kyle down for the night he fussed / cried for about 5 minutes. J was just about to do the first check in when the noise stopped and we realized he had fallen asleep - amazing! He woke up around 45 minutes later (like always) and cried for 90 minutes. There were ups and downs with the crying, and we did our scheduled check ins but that was rough. We cuddled on the couch and thank goodness J was here for support, or I probably would have caved. Over the next few days we had ups and downs, but he was a much happier baby when he was awake; it put him on a nap schedule and feeding schedule. IT has been amazing!

New Years Eve was one of my favorites. We spent it in sleeping bags on the floor of the family room and we watch cars and toy story 3! I must say that when hubby and I got together 11 years ago and had our first new years together - this wasn't what  I expected - but we all had fun. Julien had a late nap that day and managed to stay awake until midnight. He jumped off the couch and yelled happy new year! It was quite cute!

Julien has continued with nursery school and seems to really be enjoying it! It hit me the other day that I have to register him for kindergarten in a few weeks - can't believe my little guy will be heading out to school in september!

The last 2 nights have been rough for kyle, and he is working on his lower incisors now. I am hoping that they will cut the gum in the next day or 2 and that his night time sleep will get back on track!

I am super excited to say that in 19 days we will be heading down to Walt Disney World! The 4 of us are going with J's parents. We have a 2 bedroom suite on the monorail,! I can't wait to experience disney again ,and this time through Julien's eyes - it's going to be awesome!!!!


  1. I was wondering about your blog posts! I've been following everything on WB so I think I'm up-to-date. :)

  2. Thanks Garrett - I kind of forgot I even had a blog - until I was reading yours the other day and realized I hadn't updated in a LONG time


I love hearing from my readers, feel free to leave me a comment! (Comment Moderation is enabled, it will be published after approval)