Friday, October 24, 2008

animal farm

Last week hubby and I took the little man to valleyview animal farm. He had so much fun. It is quite a large place; a tonne of animals; a big play area for the kids. I really enjoyed watching Julien explore his new surroundings!

When we finished at the farm, we headed down the street to buy pumpkins

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ABC's of me

I got an email with this the other day and decided to post here
A= Age: 28
B= Bed size: King
C= Chore(s) you hate- bathrooms
D= Dessert you love: Kahlua Cake
E= Essential start to your day: Waking to a sleeping little boy
F= Favorite actor(s): Harrison Ford
G= Gold or Silver: Silver
H= Height: 5' 2
I= Instruments you play: don't
J= Job title: mommy
K= Kitchen color(s): white
L= Living arrangements: me, hubby and toddler son
M= My name is: Ashley
N=Nicknames: Ashe, Wee,
O= Overnight hospital stay: 1
P= Pets: none
Q= Favorite quote: don't really have one
R= Right or left handed: right
S= Siblings: 1 brothers,
T= Time you woke up today: 5:45 am
U= Unique about you: I can touch my nose with my tongue
!V= Vegetable you love: Broccoli
W= Worst habit: - biting the side of my nails
X= X-Rays you've had: Teeth, abdomen, ankle
.Y= Yummy food you make:baked goods
Z= Zodiac Sign: Virgo

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Federal Election 2008

I must say how incredibly dissappointed I am with the voter turnout for this years election. 59% of eligible voters showed up to voice their opinions. I think it is so sad that the other 41% don't care enough to put their vote in.

I am astounded at how many people feel they have the right to complain about the government and it's policies; how they deal with certain world issues etc., when they didn't vote. It is a right that all Canadian Citizens who have reached the age of majority get, and yet almost half of them don't exercise that right.

It drives me nuts

Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here in blog world. Hope you all had(or have) a great meal with family/friends.

Yesterday morning Julien, mom and I went to the lansdown farmers market. They had a petting zoo set up and Julien made friends with a goat! We also got to see Max and Winston, 2 clydesdale horses that do wagon rides. We fed them each a carrot and went on a 25 minute wagon ride in the Glebe.

We also went to Aunt Gails for a turkey dinner.....great meal but it was busy. There were 4 kids under 3 there last night. Thank God for Morgan and Sydney who helped chase Julien around or I would have had no time to sit......

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

shots today

my little man is going for his 15mth check up and shots today. He's normally pretty good with them, so I am hoping today is no different.

I will also find out his weight ....which means we may just be able to switch him forward facing now. The seat we bought is for we shall see!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Saw the eye doctor

We had our appointment at the eye doctor today, and she said that his eyes seem to be pretty uniform. She wants to see him again in a few months when he is a bit older and will hopefully sit more still so she can get a better exam. But, all looks good and she said not to worry for the time being!