As I mentioned in this post, I am a Rice Krispies square lover. Over the years, I have tried many different variations of them - and I thought I would post some of them here. The first one is one I made up when I wanted something different one day (although I am sure others have thought of the same thing - this isn't a "recipe" per say, but the measurements that I use)
Peanut Butter/Chocolate Rice Krispies Squares (the one I make, I don't follow any particular recipe)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 (250g) bag of marshmallows
5 cups of rice krispies cereal
chocolate chips for drizzling (approx 1/4 cup)
1) Melt the butter and PB in a large pot over low heat
2) Once the butters are melted, stir in marshmallows and continue stirring until they are all melted
3) Add in the cereal and mix until completely combined
4) Remove from heat and spread in a greased 8*8 pan
5) Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over top of the squares
6) Let set and then cut into squares
Mars Bar Rice Krispies Squares (this recipe comes from Food.com)
4 regular-size Mars bars
1/2 cup butter
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup milk chocolate chips
chopped nuts (optional)
1)Melt butter and Mars bars over med-low heat in a large saucepan until smooth.
2)Remove from heat; stir in Rice Krispies cereal, and nuts, (if using).
3)Press into a greased 8x8 pan.
4)Top with chocolate chips, and place under broiler for 30 seconds Remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly over squares.
5)Store in fridge.
6)Cut into squares, and serve.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/mars-bars-rice-krispies-squares-no-bake-72608?oc=linkback
Do you have a favorite variation of Rice Krispies Squares? I would love to hear it!