When we were brainstorming ideas for this years cake raffle at his school, a Minion cake was at the top of our list.
It's fairly simple to make and only takes a little bit of trimming to get the correct shape.
1) Bake your favourite cake in a 9*13 pan
2) Allow cake to cool
3) Freeze (not necessary, but will make carving easier)
4) Once frozen, use a knife to trim the corners so they are round
5) Start with 4 cups white buttercream and tint 1.5 cups yellow, 1 cup blue and 1/2 cup black - reserve 1 cup white
6) Using your knife, make a mark where the yellow and blue will meet
7) Frost the upper portion yellow and the lower portion blue
8) Pipe the goggle outline
9) Fill in the goggle with white for the eye
10) Pipe in the black pupil on the eye and any additions you may want to add (hair, smile, buttons)