Friday, December 12, 2014
Great Gift Ideas For Teachers
At this time of year, parents are racking their brains and searching the stores to try and find the perfect gifts. Gifts for their children, their parents, siblings and also for teachers, daycare providers and bus drivers.
Sometimes it can be difficult to come up with an idea for those special people in your children's lives, given that you probably don't know them very well.
I polled some teacher friends to see what the best gift ideas are (and the worst!) and here is what I came up with:
- Handmade card/craft from student
- Edible treats (home baked if they know the family well)
- Gifts in the teachers name to a charity
- Gift Cards (Coffee shops, Chapters and LCBO were the top ones named)
- Christmas tree ornaments (especially crafted by the child)
What NOT to give:
- coffee mugs (if every student gives a mug, the teacher could recieve 20+ a year)
- teacher like knick knacks (items with apples and what not)
- skin care products
I do want to add, that every teacher I spoke with mentioned that they don't feel gifts are necessary, and it would not bother/offend them if they did not receive one from a student.