Buying clothes for kids can get expensive. Over the last 6 years, I have learned a few tricks to cut down on the cost.
- Shop at consignment stores; they only accept clothes in good shape - so you don't need to worry about buying clothes of poor quality (and you can often get brand name items for cheap)
- Swap clothing with friends/family members - hand me downs are great
- Buy clothes for the following year at the end of the current season. I just purchased 4 pairs of shorts, 3 tank tops and 3 polo shirts for Mr. J online from The Children's Place - with tax and shipping, the cost was $52.00
- Buy a size larger than needed (this won't work for all types, but you can buy pants/shorts with adjustable waists - and it may get you an extra season out of the item)
- Sell old clothing that is in good shape, and use the money you make towards purchases for the new wardrobe
Do you have anything to add on how to keep costs down on clothing?