Monday, October 29, 2012
Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is just a few days away - and while we want our children to have fun, we also want to make sure that they are safe.
A few safety tips to ensure everyone has a great time:
1) make sure that costumes are not too long (tripping hazard)
2) make sure that if the costume has a mask - the eye holes are large enough to allow your child a large field of vision
3) stay together (if your kids are going trick or treating with friends, make sure they know to stick together)
4) make sure your kids know not to go inside a house if they don't know the owners
5) don't zig zag - do one side of the street at a time
6) attach a glow bracelet/necklace to their costume or have a brightly coloured costume
7) no eating the treats until an adult has checked it over
8) if your walking on the street, be VERY watchful for cars - as a driver, it can be overwhelming looking out for all the people on the road - it helps if the trick or treaters are extra diligent and not running around the roads
9) HAVE FUN!