This year, I was involved in a baking exchange and it was one of the recipes that was included for me. I took a bite, and then couldn't stop eating it. I finished the ones that were given to me, and went out and bought the ingredients to make it myself. (It's kinda gross to think about how much I actually ate, all by myself....) I have taken to calling it SKRACK (skor crack)...
I had originally made it for our Christmas party, however - it didn't last until then and I had to REMAKE it. Then, our party ended up cancelled and I was left with all the bark to myself AGAIN.....
It is so easy to make and eat, that I thought I would share the recipe with all of you.
- Salted Soda Crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
- Skor bits to sprinkle on top
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper
- Arrange crackers evenly over pan (touching, but not overlapping)
- Melt butter over medium heat and stir in brown sugar until melted, bring to a boil (stirring constantly to ensure it doesn't stick to pan) and continue boiling for 2 minutes
- Pour mixture over crackers (crackers may not stay even now)
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes (350 degrees)
- Remove, sprinkle with chocolate chips and place back in oven for 2-3 minutes until the chips have started to soften. Use a spatula to spread the melted chips over the base, sprinkle skor bits over top
- Place in refrigerator (I used the garage in December) until hardened
- Use a sharp knife to break into pieces