Sunday, April 21, 2013
#EarthDay - 5 tips to help you be earth friendly and a linky!
April 22 marks Earth Day. I decided to list a few ideas that can help you to be more earth friendly in your daily life
1) Reduce waste as much as possible. Don't buy individually packaged products; instead, portion them out into reusable containers yourself at home.
2) Recycle as much as possible
3) Take advantage of your city's green bin program (if they have one) or compost yourself in your backyard. I started using our green bin at the end of last summer and it really is not that difficult. It may add 5 minutes of time to my entire day.
4) Use natural cleaning products instead of harmful chemicals. I switched to Norwex products last year, and not only do I no longer have a need for chemical cleaning products, I have radically reduced the amount of paper towels we go through
5) Make a litter-less lunch! Not only is it more cost effective than buying your lunch, it will reduce the amount of waste. Using reusable snack bags or containers - no wrappers to throw out!
Do you have an #EarthDay post - or any environmentally friendly/green post - feel free to link it up here!