Thursday, October 11, 2012
TELUS Health - Emergency Profile Tool
Do you have a medical condition and worry that, if you are unable to communicate with medical personnel in an emergency, they may not know? TELUS Health is offering a new service: Emergency Profile.
What is it?
- it is a new service where you can sign up online and organize all of your medical information (health conditions, prescription medication, allergies etc) in one place. They have partnered with the Medic-alert foundation to bring this amazing service FREE! It is easy to access - and even gives you the option to print out a card to carry in your wallet.
Who can use it?
- anyone with online access. It is a great tool that can be shared electronically or could even be printed out and left for babysitters or caregivers. Should something happen to your children or loved ones and your unreachable, their current medical info would be at their fingertips.
How do I sign up?
Individuals can create their free Emergency Profile in a few easy steps:
1. Visit www.emergencyprofile.com
2. Click on “Get started”
3. Enter basic information
4. Enter health information and emergency contacts
5. Save information
6. View, print and share information
I think it is an awesome new service - it would definitely be a tool that would come in handy. Should something happen to me, my hubby doesn't really know my medical history - so if I were unconscious, and my mom not reachable - they would not know about my medicinal allergies; my mom had her aortic valve replaced a few years ago, but I don't know what type of meds she is on...so again, this would be really handy to have. It only took me a few minutes to sign myself up -what are you waiting for? Head on over to the Emergency Profileand check it out for yourself!
*I received compensation for this post – all opinions expressed belong to Tales of Mommyhood; your opinion/experience may vary