Now that we are only a few days away from Fall officially starting, it is beginning to get cold inside the house. We, however, like to save money (and the house from being dry with the furnace on) so we try and wait as long as possible before putting our heat on.
Our goal is generally to make it until mid-late October, however I think the latest we have ever gotten is Thanksgiving weekend. To help combat the chilliness of the house, a few things that we do:
- keep blinds/curtains OPEN - let in that sun!
- keep the beds made (helps to keep the mattress/sheets from getting too cold)
- have a nice cup of hot chocolate in the evening after dinner
- dress appropriately for the temperature (socks, pants, long sleeved shirts and sweaters)
- use a blanket - or cuddle up with the one you love!
These tips may not work for everyone, but it helps get us into October without needing the furnace running!
What do you do to keep warm?