Since I am on a huge saving money kick - I thought I would share some more tips - read on to find out how YOU can start saving on your bill!
- make a list, and stick to it *I very rarely stray from my list, unless I find an un-advertised sale that is REALLY good (like paper towels for less than $5.00, or Peanut Butter for WAY cheaper)
- shop the outside aisles (produce, bakery and meat) the pre-packaged foods are in the center and can really make your total add up - plus they are a lot more appealing for impulse buys
- get to know the layout of your grocery store - this way you will know exactly where your items are, and avoid walking aimlessly through aisles with treats calling out your name
- price match: search the local flyers for the BEST sale (you need to know your prices for this) and then find a local store that price matches (RCSS, Walmart, FreshCo, Giant Tiger) and do all your shopping at one spot. You will need the current flyer to prove the price (or use the Reebee app on a mobile device)
and, my last tip for the day
- buy generic (store) brand whenever possible. It will save you tons of money, and often times there is very little taste difference *I don't ALWAYS buy store brand, but for the majority of items (never paper products, find they just are not as durable; and we are a kraft peanut butter family) but for salad dressings, pasta, sauces and rice etc, there isn't much of a difference.
I hope your enjoying my money saving tips - check back next Monday for more - and feel free to leave your tips in the comments!