Healthy Eating for Kids - by Trevor Dumbleton
I had the opportunity to review this recipe book. It has lots of ideas for healthy recipes that would appeal to kids (and adults too!) The recipes have neat names that kids will enjoy, and are also mostly made in about 15 minutes - so you can keep up with your busy family life!
They have put emphasis on ideas that:
* Are healthy
* Contain nutrients that are difficult to add to a child's diet
* Fast and easy for parents to make
* Use ingredients that most households have on hand
* Encourage your child to get involved with his or her own nutrition
There are a total of 60 recipes (some you may have seen before - like Ants on a Log) in the categories of snacks, drinks, at home lunches, school packed lunches, dinner and desserts!
I tried the Banana Milkshake - and it was pretty good - the boys really enjoyed it!
This tasty drink is packed full of calcium, protein, potassium, and vitamins.
1 fully ripe banana
1/4 liter cold milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Kiwi slices for garnish
1. Peel the banana and cut it into large chunks.
2. Put one half of the banana into a blender.
3. Add half of the milk and blend for about 15 seconds.
4. Add the rest of the milk, the vanilla flavor, and the sugar. Blend for about 10 seconds, or until smooth.
5. Pour into a glass.
6. Alternate remaining banana chunks and kiwi slices around the rim of the glass for decoration. Serve with a straw
To have a look at the other recipes, you can purchase the kindle version using the amazon link below!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.